Fish – Wildfish Cannery
Need we say more?
The folks at Wildfish say it best:
Nature provides perfection — we’re here to preserve it.
We wouldn’t be doing this if we weren’t committed to offering the highest quality sustainable seafood, including bycatch species, prepared to a standard fit for the chef’s table but available to anyone who cares about the food they eat. We smoke and can wild Alaska seafood, carrying on the craft and time-honored traditions of the region in the small seaside town of Klawock, home to Alaska’s very first salmon cannery more than a century ago.
Choose from 5 varieties:
- Classic Coho Salmon – This is your chance to savor the rich, delicious flavor of coho salmon without the smoke. Lightly seasoned with garlic, onion, and white pepper to bring out the salmon’s natural flavors.
- Smoked Pink Salmon – the perfect choice for smoked seafood lovers looking for a milder smoked salmon flavor.
- Smoked Coho Salmon – With the aroma of smoke and sea greeting you, the Smoked Coho salmon delivers big, traditional flavor with a salty brine and alder smoke notes. The flesh is denser and meaty and flakes easily. It’s a pantry staple.
- Smoked Octopus – Smoky, briny and succulent (pun definitely intended), our smoked octopus is a special treat.
- Smoked herring – delivers robust, savory flavor with a rich dose of umami and smoke. Herring is a smaller fish, and after smoking over Alder chips, the skin turns slightly crisp, and the flesh transforms into a rich mahogany brown.
Check Wildfish’s website for serving ideas and recipes.
You may also like
WE LOVE OUR PARTNERS.
At De Fer, we believe that coffee and tea are as much about the people as they are the product. We support and partner with cafes, artists, grocers, restaurants – you name it – to create amazing custom roasts, beautiful art, and exclusive products. If you’re interested in becoming a bigger part of your brand’s coffee or tea offerings, crafting a proprietary roast, or having your art showcased, hit us up!